this is possibly the fever talking

Whenever I'm sick, I watch the miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand. I understand how weird that is, but the combination of love of apocalypse movies and sympathy with massive fictional influenza suffering is really comforting.

Also, the continuing appeal of Rob Lowe.

I have a whole rant about my love for Stephen King and popular fiction and it dovetails with my rant about my hatred of a lot of the lauding of literary fiction and my specific thing about Ian McEwan, but I'm sick, so it will come later.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oooooh, do you watch Parks and Recreation? It's funny and Rob Lowe is great in it. I love his character. Feel better!!

Cristen Blanding said...

I had no idea he was on Parks and Recreation. Thanks for the well wishes!

Post a Comment